Download the River Cottage Every Day App
Download the River Cottage App, designed to help you source and enjoy the best seasonal, local food – using Hugh's expertise and River Cottage's ever-expanding community of users.
Brilliantly easy to use, the App is full of inspiration and information: great seasonal recipes, videos packed with useful tips, a live help network for culinary questions, and the ultimate local sourcing guide to help you when you’re shopping, eating out and even foraging for free food plus you can add your own comments and recommendations too.
To make sure you make the most of each season there will be new recipe packs to be released throughout the year.
What's on it?
• Seasonal recipes. Some real River Cottage favourites, including photos, step-by-step instructions, and user comments.
• Recipe of the week. A new suggestion each week making use of the season’s best ingredients.
• How-to videos. Revealing simple techniques and chefs’ secrets, such as how to fillet a fish or prepare a pheasant (best experienced on 3G or Wi-Fi).
• Seasonal food diary. See at a glance which foods are at their best each month, linking to recipes and the local foods directory.
• Local food directory. Search for retailers and eateries which sell local food, as well as places to forage for your own wild ingredients.
• Sharing. Share your favourite recipes and recommendations with friends via facebook, twitter, or email.
• Questions. A forum that gives you access to the combined knowledge of the entire River Cottage community. Post questions about cooking and growing or answer questions from others.
• Videos throughout with tips from Hugh.
The Sunday Times App List
Sunday Times writers and experts have hand-picked the 500 best Apps in the world, in one easy-to-use interactive guide and the River Cottage Every Day App appears.
The App List is the definitive list of must-have games, tools and distractions for iPhone, iPod, iPad, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone 7 or tablet.
What Hugh says . . .
“I believe passionately that everyone should be able to experience the satisfaction and pleasure that comes from eating delicious, local, seasonal food," said Hugh.
He added: "This app is all about making that easier, helping you to source the freshest ingredients and use them in the best and simplest ways so you can celebrate good food every day. Download and tuck in!"