Professional Cookery Level 3 Qualification
This is an advanced level cookery qualification that uses a combination of workshops at River Cottage HQ and in-business tutoring and assessment.
It develops the learner's understanding of professional food preparation, cooking and finishing techniques whilst promoting the importance of ethical product procurement, sustainability and seasonality.
River Cottage will provide all support material and professional tutor support.
The learner's Head Chef will assist in the training and assessment of the learner at the business in which they work.
Our tutors will also come to visit the learner in their business to complete assessment tasks.
Who is the Professional Cookery Level 3 Qualification for?
CDPs who wish to progress into a Sous Chef role or Sous Chefs that wish to quantify their current skill set.
This programme may also be suitable for Head Chefs that are working in a brand or food operation where the complexity of the food model is quite low.
How will you benefit?
• Improved confidence in own ability to create and deliver food to national standards.
• Increased confidence in the wider teams capabilities and development opportunities available to them.
• Increase the stability of the team and improve the quality of food produced leading to an increase in food sales.
• Confidence that we invest in the capabilities of our cook and chef teams.
• An improved food offer.
Key aims and objectives
Improve culinary capabilities in the following nine areas:
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex veg dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex meat dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex fish dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex poultry dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex game dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex pastry dishes
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex desserts
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex hot and cold sauces
• Preparation, cooking and finishing of complex shellfish dishes
How is the course delivered?
A combination of workshops, in-business training and in-business assessment.
The Head Chef of the unit must be able to invest time in supporting the coaching process and assessing some craft skill competency requirements attached to this qualification.
How much is the Professional Cookery Level 3 Qualification process?
The course is priced £2,000.
Where will the learning take place?
Every event is held in Hugh’s famous Park Farm, the UK's most-filmed farmhouse. Get directions to River Cottage HQ here.
How do I apply?
To register for information about this programme send us your details below.