Forum

Start new topic

reusing pickling vinegar

mullerd
by mullerd
I have just made my first batch of pickled eggs and pickled onions and wondered can you reuse the left over pickling vinegar for the next batch, or is that just asking for trouble (or extremely tight of me!).
last edited on
Stewy
by Stewy
Should be alright I would of thought?
Cornish Pagan
by Cornish Pagan
I usualy reuse my pickles onion vinegar by putting slices (rings) of large onions in it (whilst cold) for a few days before using the onions in salads, Don't think it would preserve the onion this way, just find that it gives a better flavour for raw onion. And being tight I hate waste so if I can reuse it I will!
somerset lad
by somerset lad
Used as said would be ok but to preserve in the same vinegar is i think asking for problems as the acidity of the vinegar has by now been diluted. I would certainly not reuse pickled egg vinegar :wink: 8) I love old pickled onion vinegar on pigs trotters, yes go on try it. :wink: 8)
Celtic Mike
by Celtic Mike
And pickled onion vinegar is amazing on chips too plus I also use it as a salad dressing with a little olive oil. Re-use, re-cycle, enjoy and oh yes - save money too!
To leave a response to the post you will need to be a registered user. Sign-up here or Login here
Community

Latest forums

the weather
Username: MARKS

Latest blogs

David Curtis

Save Our Sea Bass
Username: David Curtis

Latest questions

amesharris

app updated
Username: amesharris