Professional Cookery Level 2 Qualification
This is an intermediate level cookery qualification that uses a combination of workshops at River Cottage HQ and in-business tutoring and assessment.
It develops the learner's understanding of professional food preparation, cooking and finishing techniques whilst promoting the importance of ethical product procurement, sustainability and seasonality.
River Cottage will provide all support material and professional tutor support.
The learner's Head Chef will assist in the training and assessment of the learner at the business in which they work.
Our tutors will also come to visit the learner in their business to complete assessment tasks.
Who is it for?
This programme would suit commis chefs who wish to progress into a CDP role or CDP’s who wish to quantify their current skill set.
This programme may also be suitable for sous chefs that are working in a brand or food operation where the complexity of the food model is quite low.
How will you benefit?
• Improved confidence in own ability to create and deliver food to national standards.
• Increased confidence in the wider team's capabilities and development opportunities available to them.
• Confidence that we invest in the capabilities of our cook and chef teams.
• An improved food offer.
Key aims and objectives
You'll improve culinary capabilities in the following areas:
• Essential bread and dough - yeast, water, flour, salt.
• Game on – seasonal game preparation, cooking and finishing.
• The ethical edge – butchery, preparation and cooking of higher welfare meat.
• Responsible seafood – understanding & using sustainably sourced fish.
• Focus on free range – preparation, cooking and finishing of higher welfare poultry.
• Rough puff plus – a variety of pastry with River Cottage flair.
• River Cottage hot and cold desserts.
• Sauce partners – preparation and cooking a range of rustic sauces, salsas and tapenades.
• River Cottage veg everyday – preparing and using local, seasonal vegetables.
How the course is delivered
The Professional Cookery Level 2 Qualification programme is made up of a combination of workshops, in-business training and in-business assessment.
The Head Chef/Chef Manager of the unit must be able to invest time in supporting the coaching process and assessing some craft skill competency requirements attached to this qualification.
How much is it?
The Professional Cookery Level 2 Qualification costs £1,500.
Where does the learning take place?
Every event is held in Hugh’s famous Park Farm, the UK's most-filmed farmhouse. Get directions to River Cottage HQ here.
How do I apply?
To register for information about this programme send us your details below.