This recipe features in the River Cottage Christmas special as seen on Channel 4, December 2011. The recipe is an variation of the pea and mint ice cream taken from Hugh's River Cottage Veg Every Day! Available here: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/rivecott-21/detail/1408812126Rate this recipe:
- 30 mins
- until set
- 300g Celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 500ml Milk
- 8 Egg yolks
- 150g Caster sugar
- 300ml Double cream
Cook celeriac in milk until tender, puree the celeriac until very smooth. Measure 300ml of puree.
Whisk eggs and sugar together and pour hot puree over the eggs whisking as you go. Pour back into a clean saucepan and cook stirring continuously until thickened. Pour the mixture into a clean bowl and add the cream, whisk to mix and leave to cool. Once completely cool pour into an ice cream machine and churn until set.
There are no comments available
- Raspberry and Basil Ice-cream By: hrow
- James’ blue cheese, pumpkin and celeriac pasty. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's Pear and Celeriac Stuffing By: River Cottage Christmas Fayre
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Hugh's celeriac, lentils and raisins By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Elderflower and Basil Icecream By: jesshgill
- Pea & mint ice cream By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Sophie Wright's pear, pork and celeriac By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's apples, praline, ice cream By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Celariac, lentil apple and parsley salad By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Roast Chicken Soup By: ncook
- Basil Ice cream By: jarwilson
- Velvet Chicken Pie By: FoodslashTech
- Apple, celeriac and lentil salad By: River Cottage to the Core
- Chocolate & beetroot ice cream By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Kasper Gaard's black bream, celeriac and french bean By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lisa Allen's streaky bacon, celeriac and soft egg By: Hugh's Three Good Things