This recipe features in the River Cottage Christmas special as seen on Channel 4, December 2011. The recipe is an variation of the pea and mint ice cream taken from Hugh's River Cottage Veg Every Day! Available here: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/rivecott-21/detail/1408812126Rate this recipe:
- 30 mins
- until set
- 300g Celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 500ml Milk
- 8 Egg yolks
- 150g Caster sugar
- 300ml Double cream
Cook celeriac in milk until tender, puree the celeriac until very smooth. Measure 300ml of puree.
Whisk eggs and sugar together and pour hot puree over the eggs whisking as you go. Pour back into a clean saucepan and cook stirring continuously until thickened. Pour the mixture into a clean bowl and add the cream, whisk to mix and leave to cool. Once completely cool pour into an ice cream machine and churn until set.
There are no comments available
- Roast Chicken Soup By: ncook
- Pea & mint ice cream By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Velvet Chicken Pie By: FoodslashTech
- Hugh's Pear and Celeriac Stuffing By: River Cottage Christmas Fayre
- Elderflower and Basil Icecream By: jesshgill
- Sophie Wright's pear, pork and celeriac By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- James’ blue cheese, pumpkin and celeriac pasty. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Apple, celeriac and lentil salad By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Chocolate & beetroot ice cream By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's apples, praline, ice cream By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Celariac, lentil apple and parsley salad By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Raspberry and Basil Ice-cream By: hrow
- Kasper Gaard's black bream, celeriac and french bean By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Basil Ice cream By: jarwilson
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's celeriac, lentils and raisins By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lisa Allen's streaky bacon, celeriac and soft egg By: Hugh's Three Good Things