Sounds yummy, but not seasonal fare. Where do you get 'fresh' raspberries from in the Uk this time of year ???
A lovely dessert for Burn's Night tonight!Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 0 mins
- 60g/2oz porridge oats
- 1 tub Alpro or Granose dairy-free cream (approximately 250ml)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup - sometimes called 'vegan honey', it is available in large supermarkets or health food shops. Use 2 tbsp caster sugar dissolved in the whisky and some of the berry juice if you can't get hold of it
- 1 tbsp whisky
- 175g/6oz raspberries OR loganberries if you can get them! If frozen, defrost in the fridge beforehand
1. Lightly toast the oats in a frying pan, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
2. Remove from heat and pour in the ‘cream’ slowly.
3. Stir well. Add the agave syrup and whisky, mixing in well.
4. Add most of the raspberries, keeping a few back for garnish. It looks best served in tall glasses – portion out each ingredient in layers then refrigerate until needed.