Lovely taste. I had so much liquid I could have cooked the lentils in with everything else. Wonder what I did wrong?
Rustle up some retro cool with this egg curry recipe from River Cottage Every Day.Rate this recipe:
- 15-20 minutes
- 20-25 minutes
- * 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- * 2 large onions, finely sliced
- * 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- * Large knob of ginger, finely chopped
- * 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- * Cayenne pepper, to taste
- * 1 hot green chilli, finely chopped
- * 1 tin of coconut milk
- * 1 litre of vegetable stock
- * 1 large bunch of fresh spinach
- * 200g of yellow lentils
- * 8 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved
- * Salt and pepper
- * Juice of 1 lemon
- * Large handful of fresh coriander
1. Sweat the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened. Add the chillies, curry powder and cayenne pepper and combine well, cook for a further minute then add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes until it's reduced a bit.
2. Cook the lentils separately, by bringing to the boil in unsalted water and simeering for 20 minutes, until tender.
3. Stir in the spinach to the spiced onion mixture, followed by the lentils. Finally add your shelled, hard boiled eggs, salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice and heat until the eggs are warmed through.
4. Top with fresh chopped coriander to serve.
This is wonderful! I do wish whoever keeps "low voting" Hugh's recipes would at least TRY them first...Another wonderful recipe, Hugh!
Delicious! I replaced the eggs with some smoked pork sausage, this is definitely going to become a family favourite
- Asparagus Soldiers with soft-boiled egg hollandaise By: Every Day
- Potato, swede, egg By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Turkey Scotch Eggs By: Boo
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Souffle omelette with peaches and cream By: Kristy
- Risotto with spinach By: Eatmania
- Recipe for Coronation Curry sauce (Vegan) By: somersetchef
- Truffle Slice By: Shade
- west indian goat curry By: goatladynubian
- Baked Chicken Curry By: Every Day
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Cambodian wedding day dip. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Eggylisish Courgettes By: shivmcshane2
- Rabbit Madras By: Winters on the way
- Scones By: River Cottage summers here
- spinach tart By: Claretty
- Cheese & Egg Tartare By: Every Day
- fresh beety goat salad By: andy1234
- Broad bean top and Bacon salad. By: DanH
- Spinach & thyme pasties By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Eggy bread with macerated strawberries By: River Cottage summers here
- Vegetables with Garlic Butter. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lisa Allen's streaky bacon, celeriac and soft egg By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Fish Pie, cook from frozen. By: Orangesadler
- Achocha Curry By: SandEdge
- Parmisan Spinach and ricotta Tarts By: Clear View Allotment
- Eggy bread By: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook
- Thai Fish Curry By: Every Day
- Brussels sprout curry. By: toddie
- Cherry and Almond Mince Pies By: notjustapples
- Dessicated Coconut Pancakes By: notjustapples
- Smoked pollack and spinach tart By: River Cottage Fish
- Somerset Wild Fallow Venison Curry By: somersetchef
- Marrow and Red Onion Chilaquiles By: notjustapples
- Allegra McEvedy's rice, egg and spring onions By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Virginia's Sri Lankan Egg Curry By: LizardM
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Courgette Fritters By: HughFW
- Hommity Pie By: Faerie Shmoe
- Smoked pollack with poached egg By: River Cottage Fish
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Saffron and Mussel Sauce By: somersetchef
- Lewy's Left Over Chicken Curry By: lewy
- Tim Maddam's hazelnuts, chocolate and egg whites By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Hugh's potatoes, mushrooms and curry By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- 5 Minute Microwave Mug Cake By: glitter_pixie
- Curried fish pie By: Every Day
- Hugh's mushrooms, spinach and blue cheese By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Poached Egg on Toast with Sorrel By: River Cottage Cookbook
- Zucchini Pie By: hayley1
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Chickpea ketchup curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Butter Chicken By: cabrioler
- Curry Chicken By: nuris