Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Lamb with cauliflower and chickpeas By: River Cottage Light and Easy
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: River Cottage HQ
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke