Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: River Cottage HQ
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Lamb with cauliflower and chickpeas By: River Cottage Light and Easy
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso