Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage to the Core
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: RiverCottageHQ
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!