Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage to the Core
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: RiverCottageHQ
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's 3 Good Things
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's 3 Good Things