Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: River Cottage HQ
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Lamb with cauliflower and chickpeas By: River Cottage Light and Easy
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy