Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lamb with cauliflower and chickpeas By: River Cottage Light and Easy
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: River Cottage HQ
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper