Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage to the Core
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: RiverCottageHQ
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow