Guest chef Florence Knight's lamb, tomatoes and rainbow chard, taken from the Hugh's Three Good Things on More4. Hugh's recognised a simple pattern that underpins so many well-loved dishes – that they are little more or less than three good things on a plate and in this series, he pursues that idea, experimenting with different flavours and textures.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 10-15 mins
- 250-300g leftover lamb with any cooking juices
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C
Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle them with salt, sprigs of thyme and olive oil. And then roast in an ovenproof frying pan or baking tray at 200C until they start to blister and pop (10-15 mins).
Separate the stalks from the chard leaves. Cut the stalks in half lengthways and cut any larger pieces. Blanch the stalks until just tender. Remove and set to one side.
Warm through the lamb in the reserved cooking juices.
Place the chard stalks into the pan with the lamb and add the tomatoes along with the chard leaves. Once the leaves have begun to wilt taste and season as necessary then serve.
This recipe is one of hundreds of new recipes which can be found in the book which inspired the series, Hugh's Three Good Things.
- Challenge Hugh and win a £2,000 River Cottage bundle
- Check out Hugh's Scrapbook on Channel 4
There are no comments available
- Hugh's pasta, tomatoes and blue cheese By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Florence Knight's kale, squid, chickpeas By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Grilled Lamb with Rosemary & Garlic By: Al Beaz
- Chard & new potato curry By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Lamb and cherry pasty By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Panzanella By: Every Day
- Very slowly roasted lamb... By: hadenough
- poor man's peppers By: morgasso
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Hugh's tomatoes, mint and olive oil By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Garlic Lamb Stew By: simesh
- Hugh's clams, tomatoes and garlic By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tomato salsa salad with capers and mint By: Every Day
- Brunswick Stew By: dmcp
- Florence Knight's pigeon, button mushrooms, polenta By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Saddle of Lamb By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day
- Moroccan shoulder of lamb By: ourgoodlifeuk
- Pasta Bloody Mary By: Wenchy
- Lisa Allen's lamb, courgette and mint kebabs By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roast Spring Lamb By: adyshaw
- Simple Sardines on Toast By: somersetchef
- Layered Courgette Dome By: dotti
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Chili Stuffed Peppers By: jonnyH
- Hugh's Veal Stew By: River Cottage summers here
- Lamb & Squash Curry By: HughFW
- Tomato bruschetta with blue cheese and confit chilli By: River Cottage Veg Patch Handbook
- Hugh's rice, beans and coconut By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Gill's Bolognese By: Every Day
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Bruschetta By: Adriansoden
- Homemade Pizza By: melaniedixon
- Sam Rom's lamb, squash and almonds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Florence Knight's beetroot, gorgonzola, poppy seeds By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Yummy Berrys Yummy Lamb chops With Vine tomatoes By: yummy berry
- Courgette Fougere By: noggin
- Beet top (or chard) and ricotta tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tourte de blettes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- my pizza By: BlackBeauty
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Saffron speltotto with roasted cherry tomatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's chicken, tomatoes and tarragon By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Lamb & Couscous Salad By: Every Day
- Canon of Lamb, Devilled Kidneys and Herby dumplings By: River Cottage HQ
- Smoked Widgeon & Chard Soup By: caregrow
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara