Looks yummie - have to try it :-)
As seen on the River Cottage Veg TV series.Rate this recipe:
- 5 minutes
- 40 mintutes
- Makes 4 pasties
- 250g Celeriac
- 250g Pumpkin
- Outer leaves of a green cabbage (one per pasty)
- 125g Blue cheese
- 500g Puff pastry
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Milk for brushing
Peel the celeriac and cut into chunks 1cm thick, 4cm x 4cm.
Cut the pumpkin into 1cm thick slices, leaving the skin on.
Lay both out on a roasting tray, season with salt and pepper, top with thyme sprigs and drizzle with rapeseed oil. Roast in a hot oven (200 degrees) for 25 minutes or until tender.
Cut the hard centre out of the cabbage leaves, and blanch for 20 seconds, drain.
Roll out the puff pastry and cut eight circles, four small and four larger. You can use a saucer as a template.
Make a stack with a piece of celeriac, and a slice of pumpkin and top with a thick chunk of blue cheese.
Wrap the stack in a blanched cabbage leaf, then place on top of the smaller circle of pastry.
Put the larger pastry circle on top, brush the edges together with milk and crimp the edges together.
Brush the top with milk, and bake in a medium oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
This pasty is absolutely delicious hot or cold. Highly recommended!
great foody idea
- side dish By: serena
- Barbecued grey mullet By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's celeriac, lentils and raisins By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roast Duck & Red Cabbage Soup By: caregrow
- Kiwi Boilup - All in One Meal By: Purplegoanna
- Toffee apple cake By: River Cottage Cakes Handbook
- Vegetarian Haggis By: LucyEigg
- Hugh's spiced butter for potted trout and shrimps By: River Cottage summers here
- Molasses Apple Tart with Rye Crust By: notjustapples
- Cheese and Courgette Muffins By: frogeatstown
- Perfect Pancakes (with video - click on picture to watch) By: Every Day
- Allegra McEvedy's chocolate, milk and chilli By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- County Cork/Swiss Irish Stew By: Globi
- Roast Pumpkin Pizza By: BuzzMoo
- Courgette & Pesto Bake By: kas
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Redcurrant and Thyme Focaccia By: River Cottage to the Core
- Pumpkin Marmalade By: Snow Cloud
- Roast Chicken Soup By: ncook
- Celariac, lentil apple and parsley salad By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Pumpkin Achar By: Winter's on the way
- Mixed meats ragu By: River Cottage summers here
- Red cabbage, parsnip, orange and date salad By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Apple and Cheese Muffins By: Snow Cloud
- Bolognese Moussaka By: Every Day
- Spicy Marrow Cake By: notjustapples
- Cabbage and Chorizo Soup By: Haly
- Grilled aubergines with chilli and honey By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Froth By: vikkiwalsh
- Flash Fried Lemon Fish By: lillyshak
- pumkin soup By: toni_rumens
- Sardine Bake By: Every Day
- Plum, celery, walnut and crumbly cheese salad By: River Cottage to the Core
- Scones By: River Cottage summers here
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup By: Haly
- Apple, celeriac and lentil salad By: River Cottage to the Core
- Chicken Out, of this recipie if you Dare! By: Gray and Shell
- Chili & Ginger Chocolate Cheesecake By: jonnyH
- Kasper Gaard's black bream, celeriac and french bean By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Leftover lamb and spelt salad By: River Cottage Canteen and Deli Axminster
- Pumpkin, Red Onion & Chickpeas in Merguez Spice By: plymouthcanteen
- Marinated salt bream with roast tomatoes By: River Cottage Fish
- Chilli Pumpkin Cornbread By: Winter's on the way
- Apple, Guinness & Cheese Soda Bread By: Every Day
- The average cake By: noncsi0730
- Cheese Fondue By: Globi
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Avocado, Cheese & Bacon Sandwich By: Every Day
- Dog bone biscuits By: River Cottage Cakes Handbook
- Courgette & Ginger Soup By: hayleyphelan
- Cheese straws By: RiverCottageHQ
- Hugh and Oscar's goat's cheese By: River Cottage summers here
- Classic Soda Bread By: Every Day
- Hugh's Herby Veal Kebabs By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh’s Cauliflower Fungus Cheese By: HughFW
- Easy Roast Pumpkin Soup By: Luth
- Roast Potato Gnocchi By: River Cottage summers here
- Pumpkin and Walnut Bread By: Maytime
- Lisa Allen's streaky bacon, celeriac and soft egg By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Dutch farmers- hotchpotch By: breyten
- Hugh's hot Halloween pumpkin foldovers By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Bankside bordom buster By: Autolycus
- Ham Hock Soup with Parsnip and Thyme Bread By: Winter's on the way
- Hugh's Pear and Celeriac Stuffing By: River Cottage Christmas Fayre
- Hugh's courgette, goats’ cheese and milk By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Tim Maddam's pasta, sausage and cabbage By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- French Onion Soup By: Vegetarian Recipe Club
- LOIN OF PORK on a bed of BUBBLE & SQUEAK with APPLE & PLUM SAUCES By: astridges
- pumpkin clootie pudding By: decaf
- Leftover lamb and spelt salad By: River Cottage summers here
- Pumpkin and veal sausage lasagne By: Eatmania
- Usey-Up Fishcakes By: FairiesforChange
- 5 Minute Microwave Mug Cake By: glitter_pixie
- Velvet Chicken Pie By: FoodslashTech
- Leek & Dorset Blue Vinny Tart By: Every Day
- Butternut Squash and Stilton Risotto By: Seraphim
- Quince Cheese By: River Cottage Preserves Handbook
- Celeriac ice cream By: River Cottage Christmas!
- Salad of baby peas, ricotta and spring onions By: Every Day
- Raisin Oat Bannocks By: notjustapples
- Pumpkin and apple meringue pie By: Winter's on the way
- Cheesy courgettes By: ijgibson
- Squash stuffed with leeks By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Roast Beetroot With Goats Cheese Salad By: Every Day
- Roast Pumpkin Soup By: peterr
- Oatmeal Ginger Parkin By: notjustapples
- Spinach & thyme pasties By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Cheese & Egg Tartare By: Every Day
- Sophie Wright's pear, pork and celeriac By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roasted Pumpkin, Red Onion & Chickpeas in Merguez Spice By: plymouthcanteen
- Courgette and Cheese Loaf By: Pebble Soup
- Hugh's cabbage, avocado and lentils By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Vanilla Honey Cut-Out Cookies By: notjustapples
- Cabbage recipie to die for! By: Gray and Shell