Sorry I pressed the wrong star it should be 4 out of 5. we added chick peas, greens and peas. It was so yummy and quick just perfect at the end of a busy Monday. Thanks!
You may have seen this recipe on the River Cottage Veg TV show, it is taken from Hugh's latest book River Cottage Every Day Veg! Enjoy. xRate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 5-10 mins
- 4–5 medium leeks, trimmed of tough leafy ends, washed
- About 250g spring greens, kale or cabbage (optional), tough stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon good curry powder or curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g roasted peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped or crushed, to finish (optional)
Cut the leeks into 1cm slices on the diagonal. If using greens, shred
into 1cm ribbons and set aside.
Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat
and sweat the garlic for a couple of minutes, being careful not to let
Add the leeks and saute for a few minutes, then add the curry powder
or paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for another couple of minutes,
until the leeks are becoming tender but still have a bit of bite.
Add the greens, if using, and sweat down for 3 minutes or so until
wilted but still slightly crunchy.
Pour in the coconut milk and heat through, letting it bubble for just
a minute. Serve at once, sprinkled with peanuts or cashews if you like.
- Manchester Tart By: yarnsbaby
- Squash stuffed with leeks By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Mussels with Kaffir Lime Leaves and Coconut Milk By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Recipe for Coronation Curry sauce (Vegan) By: somersetchef
- Flapjacks By: River Cottage Cakes Handbook
- Hugh's mussels, leeks and cider By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Dessicated Coconut Pancakes By: notjustapples
- Jack's spring pizza By: River Cottage HQ
- Cambodian wedding day dip. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Slow Cook Malay Spiced Pork By: Sass
- Lisa's chicken, potatoes and baby leeks By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Vegetables with Garlic Butter. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Thai Fish Curry By: Every Day
- Duck, blackberries, greens By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Chris Massamba’s Raw Samosas. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Apricot Sweets By: Maytime
- Mussels, leeks, cider By: Hugh's Three Good Things