I made this for dinner this evening, simply delicious and super easy to prepare. Try it !
Recipe taken from Channel 4's River Cottage: Three Go Mad Christmas special.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 30 - 40 mins
- 1.5kg waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated/crushed, to taste
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 400ml white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C.
For these two quantities, take two large baking dishes or roasting tins (line with baking or parchment paper if you dishes are not non-stick) and layer 1/3 of the potatoes. Sprinkle with a little of the garlic and thyme dividing them equally between each dish/tray. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Next put a layer of fennel over the potatoes
Repeat the layering process in each tray, finishing with a final layer of potatoes, arranged neatly and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Divide the wine between the dishes/pans, taking care to pour it around the edges of the dish rather than over the top. Top up with a couple of tablespoons of water in each tray also poured around the edges to moisten the mix.
Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes or until the potatoes and fennel are both tender and the top is crisping and golden. Remove from the oven and cut into portions then serve.
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Thyme, Oregano & Lemon Zest Rubbed Chicken By: BecauseAGirlsGottaEat
- Aromatic Leek and potato soup By: Kristy
- Kasper Gaard's mackerel, red onion and fennel By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roasted Aubergine and Potatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Creamed spinach and ham pancakes with bechamel By: Three Go Mad
- Truffles By: Three Go Mad
- cheesy creamy garlic potatoes By: BlackBeauty
- Sardine Bake By: Every Day
- Christmas Ginger Biscuits By: Three Go Mad
- Spiced banana loaf cake with chocolate chunks By: Three Go Mad
- Hugh's potatoes, mushrooms and curry By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Sophie's apple, fennel and mackerel By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Courgette & Ginger Soup By: hayleyphelan
- Potted Cray tails with Samphire & Smoked Bacon By: somersetchef
- Mackerel, new potatoes, shallots By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Xmas fruity walnut beer bread By: Three Go Mad
- Pork, Fennel and Potato Salad By: Every Day
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Spicy Asian Green Veg By: lollypop1989
- side dish By: serena
- Chicken kiev with wild garlic butter By: Three Go Mad
- Potato Salad By: martyn
- Lisa's chicken, potatoes and baby leeks By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Wild garlic and local cheddar aligot with steamed chard and poached eggs By: River Cottage Canteen Bath
- Grey mullet carpaccio By: River Cottage summers here
- Beetroot, smoked mackerel and horseradish salad By: Three Go Mad
- Mackerel with Rosemary Potatoes By: mildive
- Sam Rom's bacon chop, fennel and apple By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Nettle soup with pignuts and goats curd toast By: Three Go Mad
- Minestrone Soup By: Dzign
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá (a La Murray) By: LizardM
- Fennel Seed Bread By: River Cottage Herbs Handbook
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Gill's apple, pork and potatoes By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Strawberry soup By: River Cottage summers here
- Hot new potato and sorrel salad By: HughFW
- Lee Mack and Robert Webb’s smoked pollock kedgeree By: Three Go Mad
- Trout with Blackcurrant, Orange and Fennel Salad By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Hugh's ham, potatoes and parsley By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Pan fried mackerel with fennel, potatoes, garlic and bay. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hugh's sole, lemon and potato By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Onion and anchovy pissaladiere By: Three Go Mad
- Hot buttered vodka By: Three Go Mad
- All day Sunday Chicken By: nikki75
- Dutch farmers- hotchpotch By: breyten
- Hugh's inky cuttlefish stew By: Three Go Mad
- Summer Veg Soup By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- County Cork/Swiss Irish Stew By: Globi
- Hugh's kedgeree By: Three Go Mad
- Kippers With Crushed New Potatoes By: Every Day
- Hugh's fennel, orange and watercress By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Chorizo and pouting soup By: River Cottage summers here
- Wild mushroom croquette with fried oak moss By: Three Go Mad
- Goats' cheese baked cheesecake with boozy cherries By: Three Go Mad
- Quorn Dosi By: selfheal
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roast Fish Fillets With Roast Potatoes Recipe By: Every Day
- Salt baked sea bass with fennel salsa By: Three Go Mad
- Bashed new potatoes By: Three Go Mad