I saw this recipe about an hour ago and I just throw into the oven. Is it sure it doesn't need any fat or oil?
Recipe taken from Channel 4's River Cottage: Three Go Mad Christmas special.Rate this recipe:
- 10 mins
- 30 - 40 mins
- 1.5kg waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated/crushed, to taste
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 400ml white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C.
For these two quantities, take two large baking dishes or roasting tins (line with baking or parchment paper if you dishes are not non-stick) and layer 1/3 of the potatoes. Sprinkle with a little of the garlic and thyme dividing them equally between each dish/tray. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Next put a layer of fennel over the potatoes
Repeat the layering process in each tray, finishing with a final layer of potatoes, arranged neatly and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Divide the wine between the dishes/pans, taking care to pour it around the edges of the dish rather than over the top. Top up with a couple of tablespoons of water in each tray also poured around the edges to moisten the mix.
Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes or until the potatoes and fennel are both tender and the top is crisping and golden. Remove from the oven and cut into portions then serve.
I made this for dinner this evening, simply delicious and super easy to prepare. Try it !
- side dish By: serena
- Hugh's kedgeree By: Three Go Mad
- Jerusalem artichoke and nettle gratin By: HughFW
- Summer Veg Soup By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Roast Fish Fillets With Roast Potatoes Recipe By: Every Day
- Nettle soup with pignuts and goats curd toast By: Three Go Mad
- Bashed new potatoes By: Three Go Mad
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Spiced banana loaf cake with chocolate chunks By: Three Go Mad
- Three-root mash By: Every Day
- All day Sunday Chicken By: nikki75
- Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá (a La Murray) By: LizardM
- Salt baked sea bass with fennel salsa By: Three Go Mad
- Wild garlic and local cheddar aligot with steamed chard and poached eggs By: River Cottage Canteen Bath
- Thyme, Oregano & Lemon Zest Rubbed Chicken By: BecauseAGirlsGottaEat
- Goats' cheese baked cheesecake with boozy cherries By: Three Go Mad
- Mackerel with Rosemary Potatoes By: mildive
- Kid chops with tomatoes and olives By: River Cottage HQ
- Hugh's inky cuttlefish stew By: Three Go Mad
- Xmas fruity walnut beer bread By: Three Go Mad
- Pan fried mackerel with fennel, potatoes, garlic and bay. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Hot buttered vodka By: Three Go Mad
- Chorizo and pouting soup By: River Cottage summers here
- Lee Mack and Robert Webb’s smoked pollock kedgeree By: Three Go Mad
- Lamb, potatoes, mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Gill's apple, pork and potatoes By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Roasted Aubergine and Potatoes By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Three-root boulangère By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Grey mullet carpaccio By: River Cottage summers here
- Hugh's lamb, potatoes and mushrooms By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Minestrone Soup By: Dzign
- Wild mushroom croquette with fried oak moss By: Three Go Mad
- Courgette & Ginger Soup By: hayleyphelan
- Lisa's chicken, potatoes and baby leeks By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Potato Paprikash/Paprikáskrumpli By: Delinke
- Chicken kiev with wild garlic butter By: Three Go Mad
- Pork, Fennel and Potato Salad By: Every Day
- Fennel and celeriac soup with orange zest By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Kasper Gaard's mackerel, red onion and fennel By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Potted Cray tails with Samphire & Smoked Bacon By: somersetchef
- Hugh's potatoes, mushrooms and curry By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Mackerel, new potatoes, shallots By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- County Cork/Swiss Irish Stew By: Globi
- Sophie's apple, fennel and mackerel By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Spicy Asian Green Veg By: lollypop1989
- Sam Rom's bacon chop, fennel and apple By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Kippers With Crushed New Potatoes By: Every Day
- Sardine Bake By: Every Day
- Onion and anchovy pissaladiere By: Three Go Mad
- Fennel Seed Bread By: River Cottage Herbs Handbook
- Trout with Blackcurrant, Orange and Fennel Salad By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Hugh's fennel, orange and watercress By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Hot new potato and sorrel salad By: HughFW
- Creamed spinach and ham pancakes with bechamel By: Three Go Mad
- Hugh's ham, potatoes and parsley By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Christmas Ginger Biscuits By: Three Go Mad
- Truffles By: Three Go Mad
- Hugh's sole, lemon and potato By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Strawberry soup By: River Cottage summers here
- cheesy creamy garlic potatoes By: BlackBeauty
- Potato Salad By: martyn
- Aromatic Leek and potato soup By: Kristy
- Quorn Dosi By: selfheal
- Dutch farmers- hotchpotch By: breyten