Yes I agree. Sorry about that. Thanks for your comment.
Halloween is round the corner and its pumpkin time in the kitchen! We had in stock 2 colourful oblong pumpkins with which I decided to make a lasagne. The lasagne sheets we prepared home-made with egg pasta dough. For those of you who do not have free time to do them you can freely substitute these with ready-made lasagne sheets.Rate this recipe:
- lasagne sheets
- 200g veal sausage
- 2 tins tomato pulp
- 1.5kg pumpkin, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, chopped
- 150g asiago cheese, sliced
- 1 double cream
- 100g parmesan, grated
Put the chopped onion and pumpkin put into a pan with some olive oil and cook until pumpkin becomes soft. Remove excess liquid, then add chopped rosemary leaves and blend everything to a puree. Keep aside.
In another saucepan cook the crumbled sausage meat and add the tomato pulp. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
You can now start assembling the lasagne. Oil the base of an oven-proof dish, place the first layer of lasagne sheets, top up with some tomato and sausage sauce then with the pumpkin puree and the sliced asiago cheese. Place another layer of lasagne sheets and repeat the process. Finish off with lasagne sheets, double cream poured over and sprinkle the grated parmesan. Cook in pre-heated oven of 180 degrees celsius for around 20-30 minutes.
For more recipes like us on Facebook at facebook.com/eatmania
Do you not think that you should have named this dish "Pumpkin AND Veal Lasagne'? As a vegetarian i found your recipe tittle miss-leading, and to re-create the dish i would have to find something (eg soya mince) to replace the veal.
- pumkin soup By: toni_rumens
- Kiwi Boilup - All in One Meal By: Purplegoanna
- Recipe for Guinea Fowl & Black Pudding Scotch Egg By: somersetchef
- Pumpkin Achar By: Winter's on the way
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup By: Haly
- Sausage-stuffed Mushrooms By: Every Day
- Pumpkin and Walnut Bread By: Maytime
- Oranges in mulled wine syrup By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Tim Maddam's pasta, sausage and cabbage By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Pasta sausage & broccoli By: Eatmania
- Slow cooker sausage casserole By: SamFire
- Hugh's apple bangers By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Hugh's hot Halloween pumpkin foldovers By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Pumpkin Marmalade By: Snow Cloud
- Roast Pumpkin Pizza By: BuzzMoo
- Roast Pumpkin Soup By: peterr
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stew with tomato and white beans By: SamFire
- Blackberry, apple and orange smoothie By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Pumpkin and apple meringue pie By: Winter's on the way
- Chilli Pumpkin Cornbread By: Winter's on the way
- Hallowe’en pumpkin cake By: River Cottage Cakes Handbook
- James’ blue cheese, pumpkin and celeriac pasty. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Pumpkin, Red Onion & Chickpeas in Merguez Spice By: plymouthcanteen
- Easy Roast Pumpkin Soup By: Luth
- Roasted Pumpkin, Red Onion & Chickpeas in Merguez Spice By: plymouthcanteen
- pumpkin clootie pudding By: decaf