Wow, fantastic recipe. I am new to slow cookers and most recipes I have followed, my instinct has told me the processes wasn't as I would do things. I didn't follow my instinct on those and they turned out wrong. I knew from reading this recipe that it would work well. I have to say, it worked brilliantly. I did one thing different which was to put the garlic in a minute or so after the carrots, leeks etc. from experience, burnt garlic is too bitter. Fantastically reduced, flavoured meal. I cooked it for my mum and my 2 and 3 year old boys. They wolfed it down. THIS RECIPE IS A MUST. Thank you very much. I will be trying more of your delightful creations. Oh I didn't add salt as I thought it would be fine with the stock and black pepper I added. I used the reduced salt stick pots as well. Good food needs celebrating and sharing. I will be doing that if there is a Facebook share button.
A good, tasty sausage casserole which doesn't take too much prep and can cook either all day when you are out or even overnight in the slow cooker.Rate this recipe:
- 10-15 mins
- 6-8 hours in the slow cooker
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pack decent sausages, chopped into bite sized pieces
- around 10 small new potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 300 ml nearly boiling stock
I wondered that too about the potatoes. It also says about adding tomatoes and peppers too but no mention in the recipe ingredients list!
I'm going to try this tomorrow nite can't wait. Does anyone know when I should add the potatoes to the slow cooker?
- Recipe for Guinea Fowl & Black Pudding Scotch Egg By: somersetchef
- Lamb Broth With Pearl Barley By: Every Day
- Pasta sausage & broccoli By: Eatmania
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stew with tomato and white beans By: SamFire
- Sausage-stuffed Mushrooms By: Every Day
- Risotto with spinach By: Eatmania
- Tim Maddam's pasta, sausage and cabbage By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Pumpkin and veal sausage lasagne By: Eatmania
- Sausage and lentil hotpot with prunes By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- Pot-roasted gurnard By: River Cottage Fish
- Chicken and mushroom casserole with cider By: Every Day