Was looking forward to these. Bought good ribs from one o the better supermarkets but a lot of water has come off the ribs and they're not looking particularly sticky .. more swimming. Waiting for the marinade to reduce on a higher temperature
These sweet, sticky, spicy ribs make an excellent dish to share with friends - no one can stand on ceremony while tucking into them. They’re also brilliant children’s party food.Rate this recipe:
- At least 1 hour
- 1 ½ hours
- * 1.5kg pork ribs (roughly 2 whole racks’ worth)
- For the marinade
- * 6 tbsp redcurrant, plum, crab apple or other fruit jelly
- * 2 tbsp runny honey
- * 2 garlic cloves, crushed to a paste
- * 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- * ½ -1 medium-hot red chilli, finely chopped, or ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- * 2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients, whisking them together well. Put the ribs in a large ovenproof dish, pour the marinade over them and use your hands or a brush to get them well coated. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least an hour, several hours if possible, turning them from time to time.
2. Turn the ribs in their marinade, cover the dish with foil and bake in an oven preheated to 170 C/Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes. Raise the temperature to 190 C/Gas Mark 5.
3. Remove the foil and turn the ribs again, basting them with the sauce. Return the dish to the oven, uncovered, and cook for 35-45 minutes, turning and basting the ribs 2 or 3 more times, until they are glossy and dark and coated in the caramelised sauce.
4. Spoon any remaining sauce from the dish over the ribs. Leave until they are cool enough to pick up with your fingers, then tuck in. Serve with steamed rice and wilted greens.
Starting to get ready for the summer and the BBQ season so i made these last night to see how they turned out. Very simple to do and they taste fantastic. I put a little more ginger and chilli in them to give them a bit more kick. fantastic.
- Sweet Bread Pudding By: lillyshak
- Somerset style Chicken Wings (N) By Jean-Paul De Ronne By: somersetchef
- Banana bread By: noncsi0730
- BARBECUED GLAZED SPARE RIBS By: River Cottage Meat
- Best ribs, this side of the Atlantic! By: naylorj1
- The sugar sandwich with a twist By: lillyshak
- Marinated lamb kebabs By: Eatmania
- Chocolate Orange Truffles By: Maytime
- Sweet Rose Cordial By: lillyshak
- Delicious Sweet Chutney By: Georgee
- Chicory, pears and salty-sweet roasted almonds. By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!