As one who was born and bred in Dorset, I still remember the excitement I felt having watched to first ever River Cottage program on TV. Hugh made great efforts to explain just why he had chosen Dorset to embark on his adventure and frequently eulogized about the local folks and the produce available from both land and sea. In effect River Cottage was Dorset on a plate ! The enterprise has now grown hugely, so large in fact, that I sincerely believe that the original unique flavour has waned. Don't get me wrong, Hugh's aims and campaigns are very much in line with my own, but the thing that bothers me most is the Canteen expansion ever more Westwards. Those of my acquaintance here in the east of the county might on a rare occasion travel to Axminster but how we long for one closer and actually in Dorset. Please please Hugh, if you are planning another why not try Dorchester Sherborne Wimborne or better still either Poole or Weymouth both of which have featured regularly on the screen.
I would`nt worry,i doubt he`ll venture across the bridge.
- RT @GlastoFest: Our Green Trader Awards return for 2013, to celebrate the most sustainable traders at the Glastonbury… link…
- Here's one you might be interested in @JamieOliver. Shocking (cc @OfficialTiL): link
- RT @ObsFood: Vote in the OFM Awards & support your local favourites link #OFMAwards
- RT @guardianfood: Tesco pledges action on food waste link
- RT @OfficialTIL: Just a quarter of the food which is wasted in the first world could feed all of the people starving in the third world.
- Amazing. RT @OfficialTIL: Just a quarter of the food wasted in the first world could feed all of the people starving in the third world.
- Today @UKTesco unveil a new food waste strategy to tackle "breathtaking" amounts of food waste: link via @ShropshireStar
- Two of our HQ chefs have joined the fun on Twitter, please make @TyrrellChef and @GelfAlderson feel welcome!
- One for you, @Feeding5k! RT @OfficialTIL: In the US over $43 billion worth of unopened, edible food is discarded every year.
- RT @OfficialTIL: In the US over $43 billion worth of unopened, edible food is discarded every year.
- Hair cut time! RT @rchqgardens: It better stay warm because they're getting shorn! link
- RT @thecidershed: Just had an excited call from No 1 son. He has won a place on @rivercottage apprenticeship. #veryproudson #evenprouderdad
- RT @gelfalderson: Fennel, chive curds, wood sorrel, gorse flower and pickled rhubarb salad @RCHQEvents #fromthefarm link
- The makers of River Cottage, @KEOfilms, are making a new show about consumer rights and want to solve your problems: link
- RT @bristolcanteen: Today's veggie dish of the day @bristolcanteen - heritage tomatoes, wood sorrel, buffalo mozzarella. #nvw2013 http://t…
- An international taste of River Cottage Veg Every Day! during @vegsoc's National Vegetarian Week: link
- RT @RCHQEvents: Have you played @dorsetcereals Spin the Bottle? You could win a cookery course + night @DevonBolthole link
- RT @axcanteen: Locally smoked kippers with toast & poached eggs for breakfast! link
- Home link
- We're supporting Food Revolution Day because like @jamieoliver we believe food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013
- RT @jamieoliver: Don't forget get on to #foodtube. link as we will be going live all day!!! X link
- RT @drpickerell: Hugh F-W about to be honored as 'Educator of the Year' at Monterey Bay Aquarium @rivercottage @hughsfishfight #CFS2013
- RT @ashleykoff: Congrats Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall @hughsfishfight @rivercottage Educator of the Year #cfs2013 @MontereyAq link…
- @CotswoldBlonde Our tractor driver's not that strange!!
- We're supporting our good friend @jamieoliver on Food Revolution Day because we want people to share our passion for great food. #FRD2013
- RT @damnfinebacon: with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall @omnivorebooks event. @srcerer got new book Veg plus Meat signed. We talked salami. htt…
- RT @farmerbrowne411: wonderful event @omnivorebooks celebrating another great accomplishment by hugh fearnly-whittingstall @rivercottage ht…
- RT @HuggyHilton: Hanging out with Hugh in San Francisco! @rivercottage #rivercottage link
- RT @hughsfishfight: Handline-caught #mackerel is back on the 'fish to eat' list. Here's our view: link #fishfight
- RT @hughsfishfight: .@MCSUK upgrades handline-caught #mackerel rating to 'fish to eat', other UK/EU/Norwegian mack to 'occasional choice' h…
- RT @hughsfishfight: Great news that handline #mackerel back on 'fish to eat' list. Barely makes a dent on the stock, it's what River Cottag…
- RT @TimGreenSauce: Foraging all done for tomorrows private event @rivercottage #wildfood
- RT @guardianfood: EU fisheries reform plan falls short of outright discards ban link
- Read Hugh's reaction as EU ministers agree on Common Fisheries Policy overhaul: link #fishfight
- Hugh: "Meat is, and always should be, a precious food." link via @PigBusiness
- RT @RCHQEvents: Rising Star 2013: our entries are in and now campaigning will start to get your vote! See @lambposts's video: link…
- RT @peoplefundit: Only 8% to go until The Meadow Line hit their target! Great work everyone @RiverofFlowers link
- .@RichardBenyonMP vows to drive through 'ambitious' EU fishing reforms: link via @GuardianEco
- Hugh: "The commodification of meat is becoming a problem for society." link via @PigBusiness
- Hugh: "I don't want to live in a countryside where that's they way our food is produced" link via @PigBusiness
- WATCH! Hugh lends his support to @PigBusiness against #pig factories link Support smaller farmers, avoid factory pork!
- RT @axcanteen: Excited to have @lambposts joining us tonight: Cure-iosity. Tickets still available, call us on 01297 631715 link…
- RT @C4Scrapbook: To make up for lost time, there are three delicious hummus recipes from @rivercottage here: link #hummus…
- RT @bristolcanteen: ... River Exe mussels, thyme & cider. Book online at link or call 0117 973 2458 link
- RT @bristolcanteen: Cheer yourself up with lunch @bristolcanteen this week - chargrilled courgette, Yorkshire feta & oregano salad ..... ht…
- RT @axcanteen: One of today's starters: Heritage tomatoes, mozzarella & basil. link
- EU's 'wasteful' fish discards policy nears the end of the line: link via @GuardianEco
- RT @LymeBayReserve: Marine Protected Areas need to be managed properly. That’s what we're working on here in #LymeBay #sustainablefishing h…
- RT @str8_bananas: Damanaki media scrum as threat of collapse hangs over #fisheries reform link #CFPreform link…
- RT @DefraGovUK: Read about the momentous steps @RichardBenyonMP made last time he was in Brussels fighting for fish reform #CFPreform http:…