For the full story and photos, please visit:
You will need:
- 8 ripe figs, stemmed and sliced in half
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 200g of biscuit base or crushed biscuits
- 200g of ground almonds
- 200g of castor sugar
- 300g of butter, softened
- 2 eggs, yolks only
And here's what you have to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F. Mix biscuit base and 100g of butter and press into a tart tin. Bake blind for 10 minutes and then leave aside to cool.
- Place halved figs on a baking tray. Mix the honey and 3/4 of the orange juice and drizzle over the figs. Bake for 15 minutes and then set aside. Reduce oven heat to 140C.
- In the meantime mix almonds, sugar, 200g butter, remaining juice and egg yolks. Pour into cooled base.
- Press the roasted figs into the almond mixture and then bake at 140C for about one hour, or until almond mixture is firm to the touch and golden brown.
You can serve it warm with cream or ice-cream and it's just divine, rather like me. It also keeps well, also rather like me.