Contact Maxine and the team to discuss your requirements.
01297 630 313Enquire
This course is suitable for those interested in a career in front of house within hospitality, the course has been written by industry experts ensuring that those who complete this course will be fully trained in all areas of their future career. A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers.
Working in hospitality is a varied profession and team members need to be adaptable and ready to support other team members, especially during busy periods.
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference feels welcomed and looked after.
You want to learn specialist industry skills whilst working alongside your studies or those who are already working in the hospitality industry and would like to further their knowledge.
Employers will set their own entry requirements in order to start on this apprenticeship however, you must be prepared to work towards a level 2 functional skills qualification in English and maths.
You'll learn :
The overall apprenticeship training provision focuses on enhancing the learner's ability to practice specialist industry skills and to consistently demonstrate appropriate levels of competence. This is delivered with the ongoing support of our dedicated team members, offering guidance to both the learner and the employer. You’ll have an initial introduction to the hospitality industry, and then you’ll progress through the core hospitality modules relating to customer, business, people and team leading.
Hospitality team members must also choose an additional specialism in their training from the following; Food and Beverage Service, Alcoholic Beverage Service, Barista, Food Production, Concierge and Guest Services, House-Keeping, Reception, Reservations, Conference and Events Operations.
You’ll be assessed on your Knowledge and Understanding (Know it), on your Skills (Show it) and your behaviours (Live it). The apprenticeship is primarily undertaken at the learner's workplace, with college attendance through block or day release.
You'll love :
Earning money while gaining knowledge and skills in your future career.
You'll go on to:
On successful completion you can continue to commence work in the industry using your practical skills or explore further training opportunities such as the Level 3 Supervision Front of House Apprenticeship. Choose from these course options
Course Title Location Start Length Team Member Front of House Apprenticeship Cornwall College Camborne September 2018 1 - 2 years Team Member Front of House Apprenticeship Cornwall College Saltash September 2018 1 - 2 years Team Member Front of House Apprenticeship Cornwall College St Austell September 2018 1 - 2 years Powered by TCPDF (www.tcpdf.org)
Eligibility criteria for funded apprenticeship
- Minimum age is 16 years old, there is no maximum age limit
- 16 – 18 year olds funding information on application
- 19 years + Your employer will need to contribute to your training, further details on application
- You have the appetite and desire to see the programme through, from start to finish
- You are not in any other form of education
- You can work a minimum of 30 hours a week in the business where you are placed
- You are based in the South West of the UK and can attend regular training sessions at River Cottage HQ (Axminster) or on occasions at Bicton College (East Budleigh)
- You will complete monthly coursework to the best of your ability and on time
- You understand you will need a flexible approach to work, you may be required to work some evenings and weekends
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- You have been a resident in the UK continuously for the last 3 years