The talented Emma Dixon, from Meadow Sweet Floristry and one of our HQ Gardeners, shows us how to make a stunning wreath.
Today's How To is a classic from Emma, showing you how to make a fabulous festive wreath
1. Choose the foliage you would like to use, abundant evergreen works best and can be easily foraged. For this wreath Emma is using eucalyptus, pine, ivy, bay and conifer.2
2. Begin by tightly binding large handfuls of moss onto a wire wreath ring using florist reel wire or twine until you have a complete and compact circle.
3. Cut your selected foliage into smaller sprigs. You can tie them with floristry wire for extra security. Now you are ready to add these to the moss ring.
4. Push your sprigs of foliage into your mossed ring, making sure they are secure and won't fall out. Continue to work your way around the ring laying the foliage in the same direction as you go. You can add extra bits like cones, berries and lichen twigs as you go or wire them in place at the end.
5. Finally, look at your wreath from a distance, find which way up you want to hang it and fill any gaps you may find. It's a good way to check you are happy with the overall look and make any adjustments.