We want everyone attending the Spring Fair to have the chance to enjoy the real River Cottage experience so this year we are opening a pop-up restaurant in our famous farmhouse!
This dining experience will allow you to relax and enjoy delicious dishes created by our Head Chef,Gelf Alderson. The farmhouse restaurant will open from 11.00am – 6.00pm and offering a different menu each day, you can drop by whenever suits you and tuck into two delicious courses. The Farmhouse Feast is just £20.00 for adults and £15.00 for children under the age of 12.
This is set to be a great dining experience and one we’re sure you’ll love.
Farmhouse Feast Menus
• Roasted beetroot, toasted hazelnuts, pickled carrots, rhubarb served with labneh & River Cottage leaves.
• Crispy organic hogget, English fava bean hummus, smoked onions.
• Slow-braised sticky beef, roast veg from the kitchen garden, carrot purée, salsa verde.
• Roasted merguez cauliflower, cauliflower purée, crispy kale & sunflower seed dukka.
• Beetroot soup served with cumin yoghurt, pea shoots & fresh focaccia.
• Nettle and smoked pollack barley risotto topped with a River Cottage soft boiled egg.
• Slow roast shin of organic Devon beef, beef fat roast potatoes, fresh veg from the kitchen garden & gravy.
• Quickes goats’ cheese gnocchi, smoked onions & hazelnut and parsley pesto.
• Smoked onion and spinach soup served with fennel oil & fresh focaccia.
• Whipped pork terrine, sauerkraut, River Cottage rhubarb chutney, toast.
• Seared six week hung Devon beef, stir-fried kitchen garden veg served with a River cottage hoisin sauce.
• Bubble and squeak cake, garlic greens, cheese sauce, vegetable crisps topped with a poached River Cottage egg.
As always we will do our best to accommodate all dietary requirements and there will be a vegetarian option available for each course. However, please be aware that because we are in the middle of the fair we cannot operate usual dietary procedures.
Please note we will not be taking bookings but if you pop by the farmhouse we will hopefully seat you, if there is not space then there may be a short wait but we will try to accommodate all of our hungry customers.
The Farmhouse Feasts will only be available from the 27-29 May 2017, to attend the feast you are required to have an entrance ticket for the Spring Food Fair.