This is based on a recipe from Taste: A New Way to Cook, by the marvellous Sybil Kapoor. It's wonderfully aromatic, quite unlike any other coleslaw.
Prep 10mins Servs 6
Put the sliced spring onions into a large bowl. Cut the carrots into fine julienne with a mandolin or grate them coarsely and add to the bowl.
Remove any blemished outer leaves from the cabbage, then quarter, cut away the core and shred the leaves as finely as you can. Combine with the spring onions and carrots.
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together, making sure the honey is dissolved.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss thoroughly. Leave for 10-20 minutes to soften and 'relax'.
Serve the coleslaw scattered with coriander and sprinkled with a few squeezes of lime juice.
- 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 small white cabbage
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey - or vegan alternative
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A handful of coriander, roughly torn
- Lime juice
This recipe is taken from...
If you like this recipe, you might like the following course...
Much More Veg
Join us for a day in our cookery school and learn how to make veg and fruit front and centre in your cooking.