Take advantage of the lovely taste of celeriac and a range of seasonal vegetables with this hearty warming soup.
- 50g Butter
- 1 Celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
- 1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 litre Stock, chicken, vegetable
- Parsley & walnut pesto to serve
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pot over a medium-low heat. Add the celeriac, leek, potato, garlic and onion, season generously, and gently sweat the vegetables until they're all starting to soften (this will take about 10 minutes).
Add the stock, bring the soup up to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender.
Liquidise until smooth, return to the pan and reheat over a medium flame. Just before serving, check the soup for seasoning and serve with a drizzle of pesto.
This recipe originally featured on River Cottage Christmas Fayre.