this year's harvest of Scotch Bonnets is simmering on the stove - can't wait to taste it!
Tomatoes and chillies unite to form these small yet explosive delights.Rate this recipe:
- Up to 4 months
- Makes 2 x 112g jars
- • 250g tomatoes
- • 100g hot chillies, such as Scotch Bonnets
- • 1 tsp caraway seeds
- • 1 tsp cumin seeds
- • 1 tsp coriander seeds
- • 4 fat garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- • 100g shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 50ml olive or hempseed oil
Excellent recipe. We made up a batch and used some on our Christmas root veggies - sliced carrots and parsnips lengthways, parboiled them for a few minutes then brushed them with a bit of honey and some harissa paste rather than olive oil and cooked for about 35-40 mins. Delicious hot but the leftovers were even better cold the next day when you could taste the chilli even more.
- Roast Shoulder Of Lamb With Merguez Spices By: Every Day