This recipe was featured on the River Cottage Veg TV series. Original recipe taken from River Cottage cookbook.Rate this recipe:
- 30 mins
- 2-4 mins
- 300g fresh lamb's liver, thinly sliced
- ½ a medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground caraway
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Small knob of unsalted butter
- Salt and black pepper
1. Put the liver and onion in a bowl with all the spices, the garlic and the oil. Toss together with your hands then cover and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. When it's good and hot, add the liver mixture, making sure it's well spread out. Throw in the knob of butter too. Let the liver sear for about 1 minute, then give it a good stir or toss and cook for a minute or so more.
3. Season, then serve straight away, trickling over any juices from the pan.
There are no comments available
- Kale, onions, chestnuts By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- French Onion Soup By: Vegetarian Recipe Club
- Devilled Ox Liver By: Every Day
- Apple bacon - the danish adition By: The Cooking Affair
- Stuffed Courgette By: tamara
- CHEATS DEVILLED LIVER By: g.fincham
- Stuffed Oinions with Liver and Mushrooms By: babure
- Sticky Onion Marmalade By: pattesons
- Upside-down onion tart By: River Cottage Veg Every Day!
- Beany Lasagne (with soya milk bechamel) By: dipper
- Saffron and Mussel Sauce By: somersetchef
- Smoked Mackerel with Spring Onions & Horseradish Mayonnaise By: somersetchef
- Frittata By: River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook
- Onion and anchovy pissaladiere By: Three Go Mad
- Mediterranean Pasta By: flossie
- Hugh's kale, onions and chestnuts By: Hugh's Three Good Things
- Pear, spinach and blue cheese pizza By: River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
- JP’s Green Tomato Chutney By: somersetchef
- Vegetarian Haggis By: LucyEigg
- Courgette and parmesan bake By: Hellybrief
- Mussels With Cider, Green Onions And Bacon By: Every Day