Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. If you have a question that you can't find the answer to below please feel free to get in touch!
- Will there be someone to manage our wedding on the day?
- Yes, our in-house wedding coordinator will be there on the day to make sure that everything runs to the agreed plan. There is no additional cost for this.
- Is there a deposit?
- Yes, the deposit is 25% of your projected wedding spend in order to secure your wedding date. We'll ask for final numbers one month before your wedding which is when the remaining balance on your quote is due.
- Can we have confetti?
- Yes, as long as it is biodegradable.
- Are children allowed?
- Children are most welcome at River Cottage! They will need to be included in your guest numbers if they require a space at the table. We offer smaller portion sizes and you can even design a child-friendly menu if you wish.
- What suppliers can we use?
- There are no restrictions on what suppliers you can use for your wedding. We provide a recommended list of suppliers once you've booked but you are not obliged to choose from that list.
- Do we need to organise the registrar/celebrant?
- Yes, the registrar/celebrant fees are not included within the ceremony cost. We can advise on the booking process for a registrar should you require. We would recommend contacting registrars/celebrants as soon as possible after booking as they can be very busy and may have multiple weddings to attend on your chosen date.
- Can we bring our own drinks?
- Yes, there is a corkage charge which you can find on our drinks list.
- What is included in the venue hire?
- The facility fee gives you exclusive use of the entire site for the day from midday-midnight and includes all furniture, tableware, jam jars of flowers from the garden and tractor transfers for your guests. The venue hire also includes on the day event management by our in house wedding coordinator and accommodation in our farmhouse for up to six guests on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Can we bring our own cake?
- Yes, of course! There is no charge for bringing your own cake, but if you'd like us to serve it as a third course with fruit and cream there is a £5.00pp charge for this.
- Can you cater for vegetarians and vegans?
- Absolutely, we have even done completely vegetarian and vegan weddings! We can cater for any dietary requirements and allergies as long as you let us know in advance.
- Is there capacity for more than 100 day guests?
- Yes, there is space onsite to hire a marquee/tipi/tent for up to 200 guests. This is priced by requirement and is an additional cost to the venue hire. Due to our location and nature of being a working farm, we would also require you to hire any furniture, external kitchen equipment, crockery and glassware required.
- Wedding Open Day
- Explore the Venue
- Feasting and Drinking
- Winter Wedding Package
- Wedding Gallery
Interested in learning more?
Please don’t hesitate to contact the team if you would like any more information or to arrange a visit to River Cottage.
Tel: 01297 630322
Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm